Introducing Bo Hanson
4x Olympian, 3x Olympic Medalist
International Coaching Consultant, Director of Athlete Assessments
Bo Hanson has been working within sport and the business sector for over 20 years, delivering leadership, management and coach development. In addition to his own athletic career, comprising of four Olympics and including three Olympic medals, he has worked internationally with more than 30,000 coaches, athletes and sports administrators from more than 40 different sports to improve coaching strategies and performance.
More About Bo Hanson
In 1992, at just 18, Bo Hanson became Australia’s youngest rower to compete at the Olympics. Bo went on to win bronze medals at the 1996, 2000 and 2004 Olympic Games. During his Olympic career, Bo Hanson studied at the University of Technology Sydney and began his 15 years of experience in corporate training, development and facilitation.
Utilizing the learning experiences from four Olympics and his training and development qualifications, Bo founded Athlete Assessments, with the aim to enable athletes, coaches and sports organizations to achieve peak performance.
Almost a decade on, Bo has worked with more than 22,000 individuals in sports organizations including coaches, athletes, and sports administrators. This work has spanned over 40 different sports and several countries.
Bo has spoken at more than 100 International Sporting Conferences on topics critical for coaches of all sports to understand. At the core of these presentations is the philosophy that building self-awareness enables people to develop productive relationships with those around them. Bo specifically discusses a modern approach to coaching and leadership, how to create improved team performances and how to use behavioral profiling to achieve sustainable success. With his practical experience from working with more than 700 teams, Bo discusses the behaviors of the best teams and identifies how to prevent your program from being derailed by “people issues”.
Bo is highly educated and accredited in the use of DISC Profiling, Emotional Intelligence (Emotional Competence Inventory 360), the Myers Briggs Personality Type Indicator plus several other personality and behavioral modelling tools. However, Bo has chosen to focus his work on DISC Behavioral Profiling and has developed the world’s only sporting version of DISC for use with Coaches, Athletes, Sports Managers and Officials. This sport specific behavioral awareness tool has consistently helped clients improve their performances on and off the field.
Video Presentations by Bo Hanson
Bo is regularly a keynote speaker at some of the best sports conferences and programs across the globe.
- AFL High Performance Coaching Program
- Alliance of Women Coaches (The Huddle)
- American Baseball Coaches Association Conference
- American Volleyball Coaches Association Convention
- ARU High Performance Coaching Course
- Australian Football League Coaches Conference
- Australian Swimming Coaches Conference
- Cricket Australia Emerging Umpires Program
- Collegiate Golf Coaches Association of America
- Evolution of the Athlete Conference
- FFA Professional Coaches Program
- Intercollegiate Tennis Association Coaches Convention
- National Fastpitch Coaches Association Conference
- National Soccer Coaches Association of America Convention
- NCAA Women Coaches Academy
- Netball NSW Conference
- Notre Dame Annual Leadership Conference
- NRL High Performance Coaches Conference
- NSW Gymnastic Conference
- Rowing Australia Coaches Conference
- USA National Coaching Conference
- US Lacrosse Conference
- US Rowing Convention
- Women’s Basketball Coaches Association National Convention
At Athlete Assessments, we’re here to provide you with excellence in service and to help you be your best. If there is anything we can assist you with, please Contact Us.